Users about PPMulator
PPMulator+ is an invaluable tool for people working in the world of media music. If you're mixing or mastering for broadcast then you need this plugin!
Adam & Dan Skinner, SkinnerBrosMusic
I absolutely love the PPMulator suite of meters... PPMulator gives you the data you have somehow always wanted, but couldn't have – until now!
Dan Dean Productions, Inc.,
Samplist, Engineer, Mastering Engineer
Peak & Loudness Metering Plug-in
PPMulator is a cross-platform plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a professional broadcast Peak Programme Meter (PPM).
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
The plug-in is available in two versions: PPMulator+ and PPMulatorXL; the latter offers additional features such as EBU R128 loudness metering and batch audio file processing. Registered PPMulator+ users can find instructions on how to upgrade to PPMulatorXL here.
- Customizable and resizable layouts and channel labeling
- Audio file batch processing (PPMulatorXL only)
- Automated peak logging with export
- Mono gain trim to M3 (-3dB) or M6 (-6dB) standards
- Phase correlation meter & Goniometer
- Reference tone generator for meter alignment and calibration
- Multi-channel support up to six channels
- Supported Standards:
- IEC 268-10 Type I: Nordic N9
- IEC 268-10 Type I: DIN 45406
- IEC 268-10 Type IIa: BBC scale
- IEC 268-10 Type IIb: EBU scale
- ITU-R BS.1770-2: True Peak Meter
- EBU R128 (2011): Loudness Meter (PPMulatorXL only)
- Audio format: Mono/ Stereo/ Mid-Side/ 5.1, 32-192kHz sample rate
- Plugin format: RTAS, AAX, AU, VST + Standalone application
- Min. system CPU: 1GHz
- OS: Mac OS 10.6/7/8/9, Windows 2000/XP, Vista, Win7/8
- Host: Pro Tools >= V9